Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trip to the Heard Museum

The Drews checking out their butterflies
Ty in awe
Trying to eat the catalope
Meghan and Ty
Me trying to get  Reid to take a closer look


The Drews on our nature walk
Digging for fossils

We had a fun day today at the Heard Museum with the Dube gang.  It took Meghan and I half an hour to get car seats moved into the Suburban, but it was worth it to listen in on the Drews conversations with each other.  It's so fun to hear Drew gab with his buddies. Typical guy stuff, sports, dogs etc. "Do you like football?" "Yeah, I do."  "Does the trash truck come to your house?" "Does your boo boo still hurt?"  "Nope, it doesn't."  

We enjoyed seeing the butterfly exhibit, kangaroos and other animals, and then had a nice picnic under the shade.  After lunch, we took a nature hike, dug for fossils, checked out snakes and turtles and walked through a tunnel painted to look like the inside of an alligator.  We packed a lot in our trip.  Too bad Meghan and I were much more exhausted than the boys.  When we dropped the Dube's off at their house, Drew Dube said to Drew, "I will catch up with you after nap."   Meghan and I got a good laugh out of that one.