One of these days I am going to get back to regular postings on our blog. Lately it seems, however, I can't find enough hours to get it all done and unfortunately the blog (along with the laundry) have been neglected. Ordinary life has been keeping me busy. We had a pretty bad round of illness a week ago and Reid ended up in the ER for fluids and antibiotic by IV. She ran a fever for a week straight and her stubbornness finally caught up with her. I couldn't get her to drink or eat much of anything and after 4 days of fever she was inconsolable. My mom radar honed in and we rushed back to the Dr. It was very scary for all of us and a good reminder of what a blessing good health is. Luckily she recovered quickly after re-hydrating and is back to her cheerful self. Speaking of little Miss feisty, she is loving life these days and having a ball with Drew. She loves to be outdoors and is happy as can be digging in the mud, gathering acorns and relaxing in the swing. When indoors, Reid enjoying sorting things, trying on shoes, and pretending to cook. She is very affectionate and shares many kisses and hugs, even with the dogs. Her vocabulary grows every day and she has now mastered saying "Drew." It's really cute and I think Drew even enjoys hearing her say his name. Drew is still the budding athlete and spends the majority of his days "getting ready for his game." Our neighbor handed down a pair of soccer cleats a week or so ago and Drew has worn them every day since, every where we go. Yes, I am the mom with the kid wearing ridiculous, non-matching clothes with giant shoes and socks pulled over his knees. I figure as long as he is clean, it's not worth the argument. Thankfully the weather has been beautiful and I have been able to spend time outdoors instead of wondering how on earth to fill the time that Drew was spending in preschool. After three weeks of tears and tantrums we finally pulled Drew out of his twice a week program. What a tough decision that was for Chad and I. Day 1 was ok, Day 2 was horrible and included Drew vomiting in the sink because he was so upset. Day 3 he ran away from me in the parking lot trying to get away. Day 4 the director took him from my arms kicking and screaming. Needless to say, I was a wreck and couldn't last much longer. So its back to 24/7 play time for Drew until we go for it again next fall.

Drew "getting ready for his game." This is the "why are you taking my picture" look.
In lieu of preschool, we have hired a babysitter to come one night a week and give Chad and I a much deserved break. After 3 years of no relief, I am really enjoying some time to myself. This week I filled my time shopping for running shoes. I can't recall the last time I browsed the shoe section. The kids love their sitter so its an easy trade off. Oh, I have to share a few pictures of my fun night out with Kelley to see Britney Spears. Kelley's husband surprised her with floor tickets to the concert and I was the lucky friend who got to tag along. What an awesome experience it was. Britney is an amazing performer. Kelley and I had fun time reliving our youth and celebrating Kelley.
Kelley and I dressed up for the evening. Reid and I went shopping the day before the concert and surprised Kelley with an outfit for the evening complete with 3 inch heels for both of us. This helped give us a great view of the show, but made for a painful walk back to the car (especially since my daily shoe attire consists of either flip flops or running shoes).




Other than a few special evening events, we are staying busy with field trips, birthday parties and friends. Drew actually got to hold a duck and a rooster at a birthday party last weekend. Some kids held giant snakes, but Drew passed on that experience. Can't way that I blame him. I am posting a few new pictures of the kiddos, including pictures of our trip to the pumpkin patch with the Loredos and Jones. We really love outings our friends!
On the hayride
Ashlee
Ainsley and Reid










Drew feeding the animals. Reid was afraid of the animals and would walk up to them with her cup and then run screaming (literally) when they came over. It was hilarious.
Having fun in their Halloween pjs with masks they painted



























