Monday, May 16, 2011

No Fear When you Eat Nails

What do you see in this picture??

So today was quite the day for our little princess, or can I even call her that? I went into the kitchen to start dinner at 5 and Reid came in shortly after to tell me that she "ate a screw from the desk." I immediately called the pediatrician and while waiting on her return call, got the full story from Reid that she actually ate an upholstery nail from the bottom of my office chair. Apparently she decided to pull it off the chair and put it in her mouth and was rather surprised when she accidentally swallowed it. Since it was a nail, we had to take her to the Children's hospital for an Xray to make sure it was not going to require surgery. Lucky for Reid (and us) the nail had made its way down to her stomach so we are in the clear. She is now going to have to um, poop it, which I assume is going to be a little painful. I can't quite figure out at what point she thought it was a good idea to put a sharp object in her mouth. Reid is definitely going to give us a run for our money, literally in the ER. She is fearless. Which leads me to her accomplishment of the day, riding her bike without training wheels. She has had interest over the past couple of weeks in trying out Drew's bike. Well, today after seeing Drew's buddy Cade get the training wheels taken off his bike she decided she wanted to do the same. I don't like to discourage any accomplishment so we did it and Reid surprised me with her awesome biking skills. The wheels are off for good. Check her out. Not bad for a 2 year old! Reid is definitely one fearless, determined little girl.