Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Comeback

Long time no see....I know, I have been a little behind on the blog these days and I blame it all on one simple word..."Colic."  That in a nutshell says what has been going on at our household, screaming, and lots of it.  But, we are making a comeback.  After several doctor visits, switching formula and a prescription for Prevacid we are on peaceful night number 3.  Coping with colic has been awful to say the least.  Thankfully, I have a wonderful, supportive husband who has helped me get through what I hope was the worst of it.  Reid was pretty much spending her wakeful hours crying, which made me both sad for her and irritable.  Now we are on to cooing and smiles that melt my heart and Drew is enjoying enough peace and quiet to make some noise of his own.

Speaking of smiles, we had a lot of them a little over a week ago when the Andersons made their way to Dallas for a visit. We had a blast and Drew loved playing with the big boys.  What a crazy house we had with 5 kiddos!  We could not have ask for a better time.  Michelle and I even managed to squeeze in a much needed pedicure and a little girl time. Where would I be without my best girlfriend?  

Reid and I shared a little girl time of our own on Saturday when we attended our first baby play group.  Drew still loves his play group and has made some great friends so I thought Reid deserved the same.  She really opens up when she is away from her brother.  She was smiling at everyone and even making baby small talk.

Well, I don't have much else to report.  We are staying busy with art projects and playing in the rain.  Ah, to be a kid again.   


Their first bath together

7 weeks

James and Drew

Michelle and Reid

Reid's First Swim

The big boys playing football

Movie night


Reid's First Play Group