






First, I am behind on the blog so I have to wish a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandpa John. We love you and hope you had a wonderful birthday!
There is nothing like 85 degrees in February. It really boosts my spirits and gets me in the mood for summer. This is why I love Texas! We had a lot of fun the past few days enjoying the outdoors and even dusted off the sprinkler. Drew had fun squirting Reid with the water. Oh, the joy of big brothers.



Reid is turning into a real charmer. She loves to smile all the time and has the best giggle. She is moving all over the place by army crawling and rolling, but not crawling on all fours yet. She sits up really great and completely bypassed all baby food for table foods. Tonight she went to town on broccoli and meatballs. She made a huge mess and loved it. You can tell by her chubb that she still enjoys her bottles and started screeching with excitement when one is headed her way. I am already in love with having a daughter. There is just something sweet about little girls.


Drew's latest obsession is baseball and since the weather has been nice we have been playing a lot of it. I jokingly told Chad tonight that I had to sit on the couch and ice my arm after all the pitching I did today. Drew has been asking Chad nonstop for a "hard bat" like his and we broke down last night and bought Drew a T Ball bat and some balls. He is actually hitting the ball darn good for his age. We spend at least 2 hours a day at the baseball fields by our house. Drew loves to run the bases and "slide" in the dirt. Today, he made me stand in the base coach box and tell him when to run. It was hilarious. Chad is enjoying sharing one of his passions. I am just thankful the little knowledge I have left from softball. Drew is now Chad's shadow. He wants Dad to help him with everything now, which I have to admit made me a little sad at first. Now I am looking on the bright side and enjoying a little more "me time" and one on one time with Reid.



We spent last week enjoying a visit from my Aunt Gail and cousin Jordan. Drew immediately took to Jordan and followed her every where. I was really glad to catch up with them and cannot believe how beautiful and grown up Jordan is. All in all we had a great time!
I finally feel ("knock on wood") like I am settling into having 2 kids. I have made a lot of adjustments along the way, but for now things are pretty good. For example, I traded in cooking for ready prepared meals and salad and finally started saying no to commitments I just couldn't honor. Don't get me wrong, I am still exhausted at the end of the day! Probably more than ever now that I had to resort to running, walking the dogs and showering starting at 5:30 am. It seems early, but the solitude of the run by myself (well, and Ellie) is worth the lost sleep. It's interesting to see all the mom's up and going at that part of the day. I guess whenever you can get a moment to yourself, steal it even if the sun isn't up!