












It has been so long since I last updated this blog that I forgot my password. That just shows you how busy my life is these days with just ordinary things, kids growing, piles of laundry and dishes growing etc. We have had a great winter so far. Christmas was magical. Drew enjoyed everything about the holiday season especially waking up to a room filled with presents on Christmas day. Thanks to everyone for spoiling the kids! Santa left Drew his most anticipated gift, a new drum set. Boy has that gift gotten a LOT of use. Drew loves to play every day along to music. His latest favorite is the Beetles version of "Twist and Shout." Beyonce, "Single Ladies" is a close second. In between drumming, Drew likes to show off his dance moves. The jury is still out as to whether he has rhythm, but he is pretty good on those drums. Reid is enjoying all her new toys, but can't wait to crawl and get a hold of her big brother's stuff. She is not as big of a fan of Drew's drums though. Not so easy on her baby ears. Here are a few pics from the holidays.
The kids and I spent New Years without Chad this year since he was in Tennessee watching little Jeremy grow up and get married. The pictures from the wedding are beautiful and we are very excited to welcome Heather and Kaiden to the family. Even though we didn't get to celebrate with Dad, Drew, Reid and I had a fun time with our friends and I made it to bed by 9.
Drew and Reid are getting bigger every day. Reid is determined to start crawling, which we are anticipating any day now. She is currently getting up on all fours, but falls to her face when she tries to make a move. She does get around pretty good by rolling. Reid also loves her doorway jumper and goes crazy when we put her in it. She is eating baby food now along with a couple of table foods. Reid loves to sit in her highchair now with the family at dinner time and laugh at her big brother being gross. Drew every night says, "I want to be gross and make Rouie (this is what he calls her) laugh.
I can hardly believe that Drew will be 3 this summer. We went to check out a preschool this week for the fall, and Drew has been talking about it ever since. He said to me, "mom, will I drive your car to school." He talks about how he will have a teacher and bring home art that he will make. I can only hope that he will be as excited when the day actually comes for me to drop him off. He will only be going twice a week for 2.5 hours so I hope it will be an easy transition.
I can hardly believe that Drew will be 3 this summer. We went to check out a preschool this week for the fall, and Drew has been talking about it ever since. He said to me, "mom, will I drive your car to school." He talks about how he will have a teacher and bring home art that he will make. I can only hope that he will be as excited when the day actually comes for me to drop him off. He will only be going twice a week for 2.5 hours so I hope it will be an easy transition.
I am posting a few recent pics. The last ones are from our last skating outing with Drew. Chad had a fun time dragging Drew around the rink. He is still loving hockey and when the weather is nice, he plays a lot of football. He is also learning how to ride his tricycle and scooter. The pedals are still a little out of reach, but he is doing a decent job for his size. Riding either one, however, requires a dedicated trip because he is very slow moving. All and all 2009 is off to a good start. Now I just need to get organized so maybe my blog will get updated more often.




Playing the Drums
Reid laughing at Drew





