Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Fun at School



Since I am way behind on blog posts, I am heading back in the year to get caught up. Mainly for me, so I remember all of these sweet moments. This time I am looking back to a couple of weeks ago when Drew & Reid had their school Christmas parties and recital. The recital was adorable. Both kids participated fully and sang their hearts out. Well, sort of. Reid actually was the most enthusiastic, which surprised me since I was expecting deer in the headlights from her. She sang along and did the hang motions to every song and seemed to be having a good time. Drew also sang along to all the songs, just did not seem to be having quite the time that Reid was, but then again there were not too many boys up there who looked thrilled. It is so cute to see the kids up there no matter how excited. This was a year highlight for me! After the recital they both had class parties. Drew's class is always lively and Drew was extra excited to have Chad there. They decorated cookies and had a book exchange to music. Reid's class parties are always really quiet since two year olds are quite content with juice boxes, a bag of junk and a cookie. The silence is funny to me since it is a party after all, but Reid always insists that she had a fun time. Oh to be 2! Note the wardrobe change for Reid at her party. Apparently, the back of her dress dipped into the potty. Yuk! This was the last party for Reid until next fall since we decided to pull her out of school. She always complained about going, so it was pretty much a waste of money since I only sent her a third of the time. Lol. I can't say I blame her for wanting to spend her days with me...or really I better enjoy her wanting to spend time with me since it probably will not last forever.