Friday, February 22, 2008

Habla Espanol?

Ola? Como estas? The Scurlocks are muy bien. Today Drew and I attended our first mommy and me Spanish class. I wasn't sure he was getting much out of it until we walked out the door and Drew said to the teacher "adios!" Then in the car he was telling me a lot of the other words he learned. I couldn't believe how much he picked up in such a short time. The class started out with a few songs and stories followed by games and basic conversation in Spanish. Drew is definitely going to have a problem staying quiet in school. He would not stop talking to the teacher and class, telling them about everything he saw in the classroom -- "fishies, ball, sunshine." It was a side of Drew that usually he only shares with Chad and I. Although I thought the class was a little too structured for toddlers, I was enjoyed the sneak peak into how Drew learns in more of a classroom setting. We'll see at the end of six weeks how much espanol he actually retains.

After our brief stay at the Spanish Schoolhouse, we headed to Drew's great grandparents, Big Dan and Margaret, for lunch and a visit. We enjoyed seeing Uncle Dan from Washington who taught Drew all the different parts of an airplane and about the Dallas Cowboys. Drew also enjoyed digging into Great Grandma's candy dish and getting his first taste of a candy cane. Needless to say a sugar rush quickly followed and Drew was running and jumping all over the place. I posted a picture taken with Dan's blackberry. I would have taken more pictures, but I somehow managed to lose my camera. I am sure in my current pregnant state of mind it is somewhere really random and I will find it after I buy a replacement.

Well, its time to sign off. Yes, it is Friday and yes, 9:00 is way past my bedtime...