We were welcomed back from our trip to Ohio with some beautiful Texas weather. It's a nice change from the bitter cold. I was hoping Drew would see a lot of snow no our trip up north, but it was mostly raining. After spending all day looking for a snowsuit, we crammed Drew into it for 5 minutes to at least see what snow is. He loved it and wanted to play hockey with the "ice puck" Chad made him out of a frozen cup of water. Rain soon started to fall on top of the snow so our snow day was cut short. Although the weather didn't cooperate, we had a great trip and enjoyed catching up with family and friends. I posted a few pictures to share.
The weather has been great for the past few days and we have been soaking up every moment. If you know anything about our family, you know that you will always find us outside when there is even a hint of sunshine. We love the outdoors and can't wait for summer. Drew and I have been going to the Frisco indoor aquatic center to practice a little swimming before summer arrives.
If this summer is anything like the last, Drew and I will be at the pool everyday cooling off. Drew
loves the water, especially jumping to me from the edge of the pool. On another note, I just signed Drew up for a mommy and me spanish class. Friday mornings will now be spent singing and listening to stories in spanish. It will be interesting to see if an 18 month old can actually pick up a new language. I will write as the story unfolds. As for the little one growing in my tummy, tomorrow I have my 16 week check up. Pray for a healthy update!
One more thing to be thankful for...the Super Bowl is over! Things have calmed down a lot at work for Chad and we are enjoying more family time. Drew and I are very happy to have our favorite man home!
Heath, Chad and Drew and Heath and Hope's wedding reception in Columbus, Ohio (the first stop on our trip). Our little man acted fantastic and Chad's "best man" toast was a hit. It was a wonderful evening.
Chad giving the toast
Drew checking out Ohio snow on Nona's patio
A couple of pictures and Drew and his Nona. She's smiling because her peanut butter pie was a hit.
Chad, Drew and Papa. Drew had a blast playing cars and hockey with him -- and also eating pizza, Drew's favorite.
Chad, Drew and Great Grandma Betty.