

"Mommy! Mommy! Snow, snow!"


Brrrr!
We have put up lights on the house, got a rather large and obnoxious Christmas tree (that we cut ourselves), made a gingerbread house, took a Polar Express train ride, and had 2 visits with Santa.

Making the gingerbread house. This is a difficult task with a 3 year old.

Cute boys waiting for the train ride. It was a cold night!

A "little" unsure.

"Reid, do you want to sit with me?" (you can't leave me alone here)

"Santa, I want a remote control airplane and an aircraft carrier."

On the train

Looking out the window

Loving Daddy

Santa boards the train

Reluctantly shaking his hand

Santa's gone. No more Mr. Nice Guy
What a whirlwind of activities! The tree cutting experience was a favorite. Other than the fact that we got ourselves a Griswald size tree (who knew trees look much smaller on acreage than in the living room), it was amazing. We behind a tractor and we dropped off in a field of trees with a saw. After roaming around for about an hour, Chad cut down what we thought was the perfect tree. Drew was the only smart one pointing out that it looked too big. It is too big! It looks ridiculous in our living room, but I secretly love it.



C'mon son, let's go get ourselves a tree

"the best trees are this way!"

This is the smile that came after I laughed at her for wiping dirt off her boots.



This one is a better, don't you think Reid?




Drew was excited to see Santa this year (although a little scared to sit on his lap). Reid on the other hand, would not go near him. I'm not sure why every year I am so excited to wait in line to get the kids picture with a random stranger? Nonetheless I made 2 failed attempts to get Reid on his lap. I don't know who is more stubborn, Reid or her Mom?

Santa Round 2. Spectacular. Such a handsome boy. This has to be Santa himself.
Despite all the exciting activities, my favorite part of this month has been our newest tradition of a nightly family activity. Each day Drew opens our advent calendar and reads the activity for the night. It's nice to take a break from evening chaos and do something with just the 4 of us. Tonight we read about the true meaning of Christmas. In nights past, we have played games, drank hot chocolate, played football, etc. I am reminded each night of how blessed I am for my wonderful husband and kiddos. Counting down the days until Christmas...