Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Moment

Tonight I had a moment....one of those moments where I really feel like a mom. I actually bought a cupcake carrier and spent this evening making cupcakes for Drew's school Valentine party. When I finished the cupcakes, I thought, "I need a picture of me with these. This is one of those moments I will remember." So, I made Chad take one of me. I don't look done up or beautiful, but I feel proud. That feeling that I am doing exactly what was in God's plan for me. Maybe ordinary is something to be proud of after all? Don't the cupcakes look delicious? Baking is not my thing, but thankfully kids will eat anything with the right amount of decor and frosting.
This is awful. Look how my lips are sticking to my face because they are dry and chapped. Now this is attractive!