Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ponies and Butterflies


We have had a lot of fun this week!  Sunday was our neighborhood spring fest complete with a petting zoo and pony rides. I thought the petting zoo was the most interesting we have been too since there was a giant turkey. I thought for sure Drew would be terrified of him, but he was ok with him or her (I don't know how you tell the anatomy of a turkey?).  The pony ride, however, was the hit of the afternoon. Drew loved it!  He was not afraid at all and was very comfortable up on the saddle. Maybe he will take after his Uncle Jeremy.

Drew and Emerson checking out the petting zoo

The baby goat liked Drew's shirt


Today we headed with friends to a butterfly festival. It was a great experience. They gave us little pieces of cantaloupe and the butterflies would climb on top and eat it.   My friend Meghan and I laughed that both our boys were somewhat afraid of the butterflies and would jump when they flapped their wings. Tell me how Drew cannot be afraid of a gigantic gobbling turkey, but be afraid of a tiny butterfly?  


Drew Dube with the butterfly

One funny story of the week to tell...
There is an owl that hangs out somewhere outside of Drew's bedroom and we can hear him most mornings. Drew always says that the owl says "hoo, hoo," but yesterday when I asked what the owl says, Drew replied, "good morning!"  It made me chuckle.