Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Milestones and Holidays

Reid turned 9 months yesterday and is doing great.  We went to the Dr. today for her checkup and she is in the 85% for height and 70% for weight. The Dr. seems to think she is going to be tall like her Daddy. I guess time till tell.  Here are a few things about Reid at 9 months.  She skipped baby food altogether and went straight to table foods. Her favorites are blueberries, watermelon, sweet peas, grilled cheese and spaghetti.  Reid also loves drinking Mom and Dad's water and steals Drew's sippy cups.  She actually is developing quite a reputation as a sippy cup thief at her playgroup.  Reid is crawling, pulling up and cruising. She is fearless and has actually tried to walk a couple of times, which resulted in crashing of course.  Reid's favorite activities are playing in the water, taking a bath, playing in the dirt, and playing with big brother's hotwheels.  Drew says, "Reid likes my race cars.  They make her happy."  Reid also loves to talk and blabbers all day. Her favorite word is currently "Dada."  She also says kitty "keh," dog "da," and mama.  She loves people in general and will give everyone a smile, from mom and dad to the checker at the grocery store.  Reid loves her big brother and wants to be a part of everything he does.  I have no doubt she will be running around the backyard soon trying to keep up with Drew.  


Now on to the holidays.  Getting ready for Easter we did all the traditional stuff, including dyeing eggs and getting together for egg hunts with our friends.  As for Easter day, it was pretty low key. Everyone has been sharing a cold and the weather was lousy so we stayed inside for most of the day. Drew enjoyed hunting for eggs and Reid thought the day was the same as any other.  I have to say though, I am still perplexed on why we have to tell the kids there is an Easter bunny that hides the eggs. Why all the mythical characters?  After the initial egg hunt Chad made everyone french toast and we re-hid eggs all morning.  We did make it outdoors in the afternoon to take Drew fishing for the first time.  He loved it even though he didn't catch anything.  Probably because as soon as he would cast his hook out he would say, "oooh, I think I caught something" and reel the line back in.   I think, judging by Drew's enthusiasm, he will love the sport when he gets older and more patience.
  







We are hoping everyone gets well soon so we can catch up with friends and family.  Having 2 mobile kids in the house definitely has its challenges and is keeping me more busy than ever.  Now there is no hope in keeping up the house, laundry or the every day shower for that matter -- I envy Chad for that in case you are wondering. I can't find time to cook, but I am still holding on to my daily run.  Sanity requires it.  Drew and Reid are a lot of fun and thankfully the more I let everything go, the more I enjoy the simplicity of being a stay at home mom and enjoying the kids.  If the toys don't get picked up, there is always tomorrow.  I think there are a handful of mom's out there who manage to cook a gourmet meal and put on make up daily, cheers to them!