Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tough Decisions

Kids bring about a lot of tough decisions.  I'm not even close to the teenage years and I feel like I am tested every day.  This weekend was no different. After Ellie snapped at Drew's face a few times, Chad and I were forced to make the difficult decision to return her to the GSP Rescue.  It was heart wrenching because even in her short stint with us she had become a big part of our family. Such a loving dog in every manner, except playing with the kiddos. Ellie just wasn't into the toddler stage so our vet and the GSP rescue thought the best place for her would be a home without high energy toddlers.  We are all missing her, especially Chad and I.  Since we still think our house is ready for another pup we have decided to bring in a dog with energy and excitement that mirrors Drew and Reid's, a labrador.  Gunner had been so wonderful with the kids in every manner that we think this breed best suits our family.   So the first week in May we are picking up our new yellow lab, who Drew has named Lady. Here is a link to some cute picks of her mom and the litter. We are picking her out this week so we are not sure which puppy is ours yet. Stay tuned...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=rg01iyf.60zzmf17&x=0&y=-d07gav&localeid=en_US