Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools and More

First attempt at an April Fool's joke played by Drew on Dad:

Mom: "Drew, it's April Fool's Day, which means we have to play a joke on Dad."
Drew: "Yeah!!!!, What's a joke?"
Mom: "It's doing something silly to make him laugh. Let's call him at work and tell him there's a snake in the bathroom, no wait, a rat."
Drew: "I like a snake."
A few minutes later Drew heads to our bathroom and comes back. "Mom, I checked and there's no snake in the bathroom."
Mom: "It's a joke Drew, we are just pretending."
Drew: "Oh."
Another couple of minutes go by. "Mom, I checked again and there's still no snake in the bathroom."

Round 2

Mom: "Let's try something else. Let's call Dad and tell him you want to take ballet lessons."
Drew: "Yeah!"
Phone rings, "Dad, I want to take ballet lessons."
Dad: "what?" silence...
Drew: "April Fools." Hangs up the phone and asks, "did he laugh?" Perfect.

On another note, little Reid is now moving on to pulling up on everything and trying to cruise. Looks like I am in for more trouble soon. She also found the dog door and since she is more mischievous than Drew, she is trying to get out of it instead of just play. Her favorite other finds are the basket of dog toys and the dog's water bowl. What a stinker!




A couple pics of are projects for today, a windy day. First, during Reid's morning nap we built a gingerbread bunny house that Grammy gave us. Then, Drew painted a bird house. Drew loves watching the birds and said they needed a place to hide from the dogs. Considering Ellie ate a dove right before Drew's eyes, this is a wise call from Drew. While he was painting it Drew said, "the birds are going to love this. They are going to fly up and say, "wow, what a beautiful house!" After we hung the bird house in our tree, at Drew's suggestion Drew and I pretended to be birds and hide in his bird house (a.k.a play fort).