Monday, July 20, 2009

3's a Charm













Dear Drew, 
Happy Birthday to you, my funny, charming, handsome, silly, bundle of love.  You light up my life every day with your giant smiles and warm, tight hugs.  Your enthusiasm for things you love is inspiring.  You have a mind of your own and aren't easily influenced by others.  You are a leader with true energy for life.  I love that you don't let a moment of life pass you by and have no doubt that God has great plans for you.  

You burst out of bed with the sun and begin inquiring about the world around you.  "Is the sun up? Is the grass wet? Do you think it's going to thunderstorm today?"  You want to know about everything and are usually left wanting more answers when I run out of steam or knowledge.  I think it won't be too long before you know more than your mom, but you already think you do at 3.  

You show true love to your Dad and I, and although I would love to be your first choice to hang out with in the mornings, you usually choose Dad.  You love and admire him so much and can't wait until he comes home from work in the evening.   You like to sit out front or look out the front window and wait for his arrival.  He truly is your best bud.  You are not much on taking breaks for anything these days, including eating, but would choose pizza, eggs, and chips n' queso over all other foods.  I think if it was up to you, however, you would skip sleeping and eating and your existence would be baseball. 

You are very opinionated about your clothes and pretty much only wear jerseys and sport shorts.  Anything with a collar or buttons is out of the question because "you can't run fast with buttons."  I like that your passions carry over in all that you do and hope that a little of this rubs off onto me.  You love listening to music in the car and try your best to sing along.  This is one of my favorite things you do.  The sound of your voice is pure joy.  My favorite time with you is before your nap.  Although you are not a fan of sleeping, you are a great cuddler.  I love to lay with you in bed and talk about your interests, fears and dreams.  You like to get really close and cup your hands around my face when you are talking to me or you will hold my hand and sigh.  Then you like to tell me, "one day I will be to big to snuggle and you will be sad"... I will and hope that you never feel too big to snuggle with your mom.

I am so proud of all that you are at 3 and can't wait to see what the future holds for you or what you create for your future.  Every sporting event, proud moment, or set back, I will be there to cuddle up and celebrate or listen. I love you my little man.

Drew at 3

I don't have his "stats" yet because Drew's 3 year appointment is next week, but here are the basics.

Sleep:  Wake up ready to play between 6:30 am and 6:45 am regardless of what time he went to bed the night before.   Drew gets out of bed, goes potty and then comes to the stairs to yell for mom or dad.  Taking one nap still after a lot of stalling.  In bed between 8 and 8:30 pm after bath, watching a show or game (Diego, Max & Ruby, Wonder Pets or Ni Hao Kai Lan -- not much of a TV person in general unless its your only option other than sleep), then books.  Mom or Dad (usually Dad at your choice) cuddles with you for a couple of minutes after your lights are turned off to talk about your day.

Favorite Foods:  Pizza, spaghetti, raspberries (even though you say they have hair), chocolate chip cookies, broccoli, eggs and  chocolate milk.

Favorite Activities:  Baseball, baseball guys, hockey, hockey guys, swimming and making forts in your bed.

We celebrated Drew's official birthday yesterday starting out with Superman cupcakes for breakfast (he ate 2) and then a trip to the Aquarium with Kelley, Ainsley and Gage.  We had a fun time seeing all of the sea the fish and had an exciting lunch after Drew sailed down the stairs at the restaurant in his chair.  I am still not quite sure how it happened, but thankfully there were no injuries.  We had a fun time as we always do with Kelley and the kids and are reminded once again of how blessed we are by our friends.  We ended the night with pizza and a family movie. It was a good birthday. 


Eating Cake
At the Aquarium
Checking out turtles
Ainsley and Gage


The Loredos
Interview with Drew
Aquarium
Jaguar