I am enjoying the school stories Drew tells me. His art project today was making igloos and sticking jumbo marshmallows on them. He told me laughing, "Mommy, this one girl ate all her marshmallows and only had one to put on her picture."
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
A+ for Drew
Today was a good mom day for me, sweet behaving kids and a great report from Drew's teacher. When I went to pick up Drew from school today he was sound asleep, really sound asleep, and had been for the last 2 hours. This was funny to me since he cut out naps awhile ago. Ms. Julie said he fell asleep quickly and stayed awake after the lights came on and everyone else started playing. It was hilarious to see him asleep in the middle of the floor, on his back with shoes on, while the other kids played around him or got ready to leave. Reid ran over to him and said, "Drew, Drew!" but he did not wake up. It took some nudging from me to finally wake him. His sleeping state gave me a few minutes to chat with his teacher. She said, "Drew is so precious. He is very mature, respectful and polite. He asks questions nicely, helps me clean up and is very inquisitive. He is a joy to have in my class." What a good mom moment this was. I was beaming with pride for Drew. I am very proud of you little man!