Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Preschool Take 2

I am anxiously waiting for 2:00 so Reid and I can leave to pick up Drew from his second take at preschool. Drew has changed tremendously in the last four months so Chad and I decided it was time for another go at school. We enrolled him in a different program this time that is faith based and is a longer day (Tues/Thurs. 9-2:30) with more fun activities mixed in. Drew was excited this morning and couldn't wait to leave. This was a big change from our first try in which I had to drag Drew out of the house. His teacher, Ms. Julie, seems perfect -- everything a teacher should be, warm, big smile, etc. Drew didn't shed a tear when I dropped him off. I think he was most excited about the gymnasium and the Star Wars blanket he picked out for quiet time. He is also excited that he gets to go to basketball class on Thursdays instead of quiet time. Drew was very opinionated this time about all his school stuff. Even his cup had to be "just blue" and not anything "little kid" because he was going to the "big kid school now." I am praying for a fun day and a good start to his school years! I am so proud of my little man.

Drew and Ms. Julie

Hanging on to his basket of school stuff. Compare this picture to his first day 4 months ago (below). Is this even the same kid? Only the jersey and shoes give him away. Look how confident he looks now! Way to go Drew.