

We had Reid's 18 month check up today and she is healthy as can be. 93% in height and 36% in weight, a string bean! These stats may have something to do with the fact that she is constantly in motion. Her favorite activity is walking. She loves to go on walks when Drew is in school and hold Gunner's leash. She says, "Mommy, Lady, I walk Gunner." She also likes sports. Her current favorite is soccer and she is pretty good at dribbling the ball around the yard. She also loves to ride her scooter. Her other favorite activities are reading books, changing shoes, cooking and building. Reid's favorite foods are fruit, guacamole and pasta. She will eat raspberries and blueberries by the carton. She sticks her finger in the hole of the raspberry and lifts it into her mouth. It's very cute. She also loves her chocolate milk and its the first thing she asks for when she gets up in the morning. She also loves chips and salsa. She is a big time double dipper and licks the salsa off the chip.
Reid is quite the pistol, very independent and opinionated (I have no idea where that could have come from). She doesn't want help with anything even if she needs it, and especially from mom. She likes to snuggle and be loved on only when she's tired, otherwise she wants down so she can explore. Reid does not like to be left out of an activity just because she is little and wants to take part in everything Drew does. Her current favorite phrase is "my _____" -- fill in the blank with whatever she is holding in front of Drew. Nonethelsss, she is Drew's biggest fan and helps him get his skates on for hockey, cheers at his soccer games, and makes sure he always has plenty of chocolate milk. She likes to take care of her big brother.
Although she is tough, Reid still finds interest in girly things like shoes, pretty dresses and makeup. She likes to have her feet massaged and toenails painted and likes to brush her hair (and everyone elses). Reid also loves to sing and tries to figure out the words to songs or pretend she knows them. She also loves to dance.
I can't help but adore Reid's spit fire personality and know this will carry her far. I am enjoying getting to spend more one on one time with her now that Drew is in school and watching her blossom into an amazing little girl. I love taking walks with her and talking about what we see around us. I love to sit next to her when she takes a bath and sing to country music together. I also love to read stories at night and hear her giggle when I use a silly voice. The best part is knowing I will always have someone that I can count on to make sure I am wearing the perfect shoes!