Friday, April 11, 2008

The Ice Cream Man


Who doesn't have found memories of the ice cream man?  Did you know that some form of the ice cream truck has been around since the late 1800's?  Just a random fact I found on the internet. The ice cream man reminds me of summer. Just the sound of the music brings me back to fresh cut grass, sprinklers and kids on bicycles roaring down the streets.  The tune is almost hypnotizing. Come get ice cream, you need it!  So, of course I jumped at the chance to take Drew through the ritual the moment I heard the truck rumbling through the neighborhood. "C'mon Drew, we have to run and catch the ice cream man."  You can imagine the sight of me (a.k.a pregnant person) holding Drew running after the truck right along side of the kids on our street. I loved every moment!  We got to the truck and I treated Drew to a popsicle of his choice, which was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle head. Mmmmm, scrumptious.  By the way, since when is a popsicle $2.  I think we paid a quarter for a bomb pop.  For a walk down memory lane, go to the following link :)

http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/LB/0510/Pink_Panther_Pops_Awesome.mp3