Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Noise



I can't believe I am so behind on this blog. Okay, I really can...I am drowning over here.  Watching 2 kids all day is a tough job. Definitely a lot harder than I ever imagined.  Lately, the tables have turned and my 2 year old has become the difficult one. Now I can see why its called, "the terrible 2s." Last week Drew decided to try and give up the nap and that about put me in the looney bin. Thankfully we are back on course this week.  We do have good days for the most part, but yesterday was terrible.  Tantrums, back talk, you name it, he did it. Wow, I was exhausted at the end of the day and left the house when Chad got home to roam Target in a daze. I don't get enough vacation days with this job!  

I titled this blog entry "noise" because that is pretty much what fills my day...dog panting, barking, drum playing (I will explain later), singing of toddler songs, whining, laughing, baby crying and sweet baby noises (the latter being my current favorite, although Drew's singing is right up there).  Reid is cooing a lot and her favorite "phrase" is "a goo." It's too cute.  Now that her reflux is better with new formula and medicine she is all smiles and is quite an easy baby. I say easy because the first 2 months were kind of a nightmare. Her only fault is that she screams uncontrollably in the car and can't be calmed. Needless to say I don't travel very far anymore. The stroller currently gets more use than the Suburban, which is great since it gets a lot better gas mileage.  Thankfully the weather has been nice because we have been going on a lot of picnics and walks.   

Oh, the drum playing....Drew's new past time is to play hours and hours on his tupperware drum set.  He is obsessed and says he wants Santa to bring him a real drum set for Christmas. Not sure how we are going to dodge this bullet. I'm just hoping his interest wains before the big guy pays a visit.   

I am looking forward to the holidays and finished the kids Halloween costumes just in time for our first costume party this weekend. I will post pictures.  Well, I am signing off....By the way, wish Chad luck on Saturday.  He is taking over the kids for the entire day while I enjoy a little R&R shopping etc.  A little early birthday present I am giving myself! Thanks Mom and Dad for the shopping money :)