Monday, March 3, 2008

Ch, ch, ch, changes



Snow in the Dallas sky

It was 77 degrees and sunny on Saturday and we were in shorts all day. Tonight as I type this entry its snowing in Dallas.  In fact, they are calling for 2-4 inches.  Thankfully it will be back in the 70's this weekend. It seems the weather in Texas is about as predictable as our 19 month old. 
Speaking of changes, today was the first day of "potty training" Drew -- he started it, not me. Believe me, I was not at all excited about the whole concept.  I think the little potties are gross and praising someone when they go to the bathroom is a little uncomfortable. Nonetheless, here I am at the end of a successful day one --- I even clapped and cheered him on.  It's really all ridiculous (although looking back on this past year, Chad and I have done our share of ridiculous things to amuse our son).   It's all part of parenting right? Anyway, I am taking it all in stride as who knows if Drew will remain interested in his new adventure.  I imagine the novelty of an M&M after going potty will wear off in a week or so or worse I could throw in the towel.  Moving on...

We had a nice weekend visiting with family. Some of Drew's great aunts and uncles were in town and came by Saturday for a visit. Drew hammed it up for everyone and had a fun time. He really enjoyed the audience and Chad and I enjoyed catching up with everyone.  Here are a couple of pictures.


Drew and Great Grandma Margaret

Drew and his Great Aunts and Uncles

Drew and his Great Grandpa

On a funnier note, Sunday night I headed to dinner with some girlfriends and Chad and Drew shared a little guy time.  I walked in the door around 8:30 pm and to my surprise the little man came waltzing out of our bedroom.  He looked right at me with a smile and said "big trouble" (as in Mommy is home and I am not in bed).  We had some terrible storms last night and Chad couldn't figure out who the bigger chicken was, Drew or Gunner so they all hung out together until the weather called down. It was worth the laugh.  Kids say the funniest things!  I keep waiting for Drew to provide some comedic relief to my expanding waist line, but he remains uninterested.  I will share a picture to satisfy curiosity, but no commenting on how big I'm getting.



 Well, I am signing off. Keep an eye on our weather here tomorrow. Maybe Chad will have a snow day?