Monday, March 31, 2008

First Kiss


Well, today was a big moment for Drew -- his first kiss. I should say, his first kiss initiated by him because a couple of little girls have kissed him before, but this time he made his move. Drew plays a few times a week with his good friend Emerson. They absolutely love each other and laugh and run the whole time they are together. It really is very sweet.  This morning, however, Drew decided to take it to the next level and when Emerson moved in for a drink of his water he planted a big kiss right on her lips. Then they both went in for a second kiss and Emerson laughed and ran away.  To top it all off, when Drew was in bed getting ready for his nap I told him to tell his animals about his friends and he picked up his bear said "Emerson" and gave it a big smooch on the lips.  At this point I was a little taken aback. But,  I reassured myself by asking him which he liked more, "hockey or Emerson" to which he responded "hockey," and I left the room with a sigh of relief.  At what point do girls become gross?  


This is Emerson.  Drew's partner in crime.