The Easter Eggstravaganza was a bust...ok not totally, but the parents were insane. The "egg" hunt was held on a group of baseball fields and the kiddos were divided up by age. We were in the 2 and under crowd and thought for sure this would be a very slow moving hunt since competitiveness has not set in for most toddlers. Boy was I wrong. Once the sirens went off telling the egg hunt to start, parents picked up their kids and ran onto the field grabbing bags of goldfish and cheerios by the handfuls and shoving them into their babies' baskets. We laid low and watched the whole thing unfold. It was highly entertaining. Drew kept asking where the eggs were (after all this was supposed to be an egg hunt) and passed up most of the bags of junk. The redeeming part of the morning was hanging out on the grassy field after the crowd cleared out and enjoying the nice weather. It made the crazy "egg" hunt a little worthwhile. I posted a couple of pics of the morning and one from our friend Amy's 30th birthday bash last night, from which I must relay a story. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY! I went to Target to get a cake for her big celebration and told the not so bright person at the bakery to put on the cake, "a thirty, three zero." Well, when I picked up the cake he had written three zeros (as in 000) on the middle instead of 30. I couldn't help but laugh and was tempted to take it to the party as is instead of having him fix it. Check out the picture below and use your imagination.
The Garner girls at the egg hunt
Amy blowing out her candles